Below is an error message that came up while using “polarity” function of “qdap” package for Sentiment Analysis in R.
Error in derive_pubkey(key) : RAW() can only be applied to a ‘raw’, not a ‘list’
This error has something to do with a clash across different packages or stuff that is loaded in the workspace.
R line of code that gave error is
> sentiments = polarity(dataframe.name$column.name)
I am not sure of the exact issue and fix. But, try below suggestions. Some or all of these tips used in combination should fix your error 🙂
- Clear workspace or start a new session
- If “twitteR” and “qdap” are both installed,
- Detach & remove “twitteR”
- Detach & remove “qdap” as well and reinstall (if “a” alone doesn’t work)
- Ensure the dependencies “qdapDictionaries”, “qdapRegex” & “qdapTools” are correctly installed